Monday, June 13, 2011

Indian names

My kids & I got our Indian names over the weekend. My dad & Amy came up for the ceremony/Sundance. They got here Thursday. On Friday I had a meeting & the kids had their last day of Vacation Bible School. Then the kids & my dad had hair cuts. We drove over to Wolf Point to give our Chief tobacco & yd of red cloth & ask for a name. Saturday I had CPR training. When I got home we decided to drive to Williston. On our drive home we stopped off at Sundheim park & went over the bridge & through the tunnel!!





Sunday all of us (Neil, me, the kids, my dad, & Amy) went to Wolf Point for the Sundance Lodge Ceremonies. Jessica said she LOVES this culture!! It was a traditional sweat/healing/naming ceremony. My name is Two Eagles Woman. Jessica's name is Little Blue Grass Girl. Nathan's name is Grizzly Bear Foot.

Today dad & Amy left for home. Neil got up & went to work. Jess started swim lessons. And Nathan is doing a 3-day wrestling camp. Tonight both kids have baseball/softball games.

1 comment: