Monday, February 9, 2009

Anyone else have?

A school-aged child that doesn't like to get moving in the morning? Because I certainly DO!! Jessica is always the last kid in the school, late, and/or really late!!! I DON'T like it!! I feel like it looks like it's my fault & it isn't! I get her up, get her cereal & proceed to beg, plead, yell, threaten her to get dressed the rest of the morning. We turn the radio on & when the DJ JD announces Birthdays she knows she should be dressed. Well today at Birthday time she was still eating her cereal. I didn't send her 'cold' lunch. I'm making her eat 'hot' lunch. The more I push her the less she moves. SO today I marched her into school & TOLD on her (to the teacher). Hopefully that will help.

Before I had my own slow-poke or naughty behaving children, I would think to myself, why is that mom/dad letting their child do that. Only to now understand that my little person has a mind of its own. For the most part I feel I have control. Some days I just cry in frustration.

My Nathan would be in trouble ALL day long if I punished him for ALL his wrong doings; hitting, back talk, not listening......

My parenting books read "pick you battles".

1 comment:

  1. I agree, pick your battles. And when in the battle, choose your words carefully and temper your responses to the words aimed at you. Just the opinion a non parent but a somewhat seasoned debater(and seasoned DOES NOT have to mean old).
    Hi J-RO. Cool blog, keep up the good work. I will be checking in often.
    Long lost Uncle Tom.

    ReplyDelete