Wednesday, February 11, 2009

That's OK I don't need him

Today school is getting out early. Jessica thinks she is ready to walk home ALL by herself. I mean, yeah, sure, we live close but.....She is ONLY 5 yr & IDK I'm worried. So I tell her I'm going to call her friend Nic to see if he wants to walk w/ her. He's a little apprehensive, asking where the 2 of them will meet? Reluctanly he agrees. Not for long though. His mom calls back to say he doesn't want to walk w/ Jess. As the phone is ringing

I say "that's probably Nic changing his mind"
Jess says "that's OK I don't need him"

HUH?? Your ONLY 5 yrs old!!!

Anyways, today I'm going to go to the school, same as always, & get her backpack. Her & her brother can walk home from school while I follow closely behind.

1 comment:

  1. yes, that little apprehensive boy is my Nicolas. Wish he were a little braver like Jessica. Thinking that maybe next year Jessica will walk Nicolas to school :)

    ReplyDelete